The LandPhil be honest, be honorable, be kind, be compassionate, and work hard.

March 23, 2005

An experiment

Filed under: General — phil @ 8:40 am

So, today I left my apartment at 7:30 am. I got to work at 8:33 am. Yesterday, I left my apartment at 7:00 am. I got to work at 8:27 am. Monday, I was running late and didn’t leave my apartment until 8:00 am. I got to work at 8:45 am. I have tried in the past to leave before 7:00 am. I still get to work between 8:15 and 8:30 am.

There is clearly a trend here where at some point in the morning, I can leave my apartment and get to work instantaneously. My goal is to find that time.

7 Comments »

1. dude Trina came to conclusions months ago. Ironically that is her second most recent entry.

In an amazing feat, she has easily bested you in “lack of new content for a vast period of time.”

Comment by tim — March 24, 2005 @ 6:54 am

2. oh, this is also a problem in that there are several million variables. Joe Collins, whom you don’t know, spilled coffee on his pants this morning. So he left 10 minutes later than he usually does. You actually left at the correct time today, but because Joe was a clumsy dumbass, you missed your window this morning..

Comment by tim — March 24, 2005 @ 6:58 am

3. Hey, if you find that time when you can get there instantaneously, can you let me know? Cos I’d reeeeeally like another hour or two of sleep every morning.

Comment by Amanda — March 24, 2005 @ 7:27 am

4. You made me laugh out loud in my cube!

Comment by nessa — March 25, 2005 @ 9:45 am

5. I have experienced the same phenomenon. If I leave my apartment at 8:00, I arrive at work at 8:35. If I leave at 8:25, I arrive at 8:45. I don’t believe one could actually get there instantaneously, but you might be able to pass yourself on the way.

Comment by diane — March 29, 2005 @ 7:37 pm

6. Ah, but if you pass yourself, you can’t look, because if you see yourself there could be dire consequences. (Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban)

Comment by Karen — March 30, 2005 @ 1:16 pm

7. Only if you are passing the future version of yourself.
    If you are passing the past version of yourself then you have to keep the past version from seeing you.

Comment by tim — March 31, 2005 @ 7:59 am